Too Much Sun High-Key Makes My Skin Freak Out—These 19 Products Actually Help

Simply put, it's our job to find the best beauty products out there for you. From the newest serum to the hottest lipstick color to the dry shampoo that will change your life, we will find it, test it, and let you know what we think. We're not complaining. It's a pretty fun gig, and we'll volunteer to be beauty guinea pigs any day.

But one of the cool things to come out of this is finding out what products you're loving and buying. It helps us figure out what you want to learn more about and what you're into so we can bring even more personalized recs to you.

Because we share a lot of our favorites with you every single day, we recognize it might be hard to keep up. So we've decided to put together a handy weekly list of what we love and what you love—consider this a CliffsNotes, one-stop-shop of what's really trending and worth adding to your cart at this very moment.

This week, I'm sharing with you the skincare products that save my skin during the summer months. My skin really goes through it, especially with all the sun exposure, and I'm normally left with parched, dry skin. And if you're dealing with the same thing, maybe you can find some inspiration from my holy-grail products. Do you have a rec that I missed? We'd love to know. Send us a DM.

Do I talk about this sunscreen a little too much? Maybe. Am I sorry about it? Not at all. This is my go-to everyday sunscreen because I know it will protect my skin against harmful UV rays, and it gives a nice, flattering glow.
I've been hyper-vigilant about applying sunscreen these days, especially since I'm getting more sun this summer than I did last summer (thanks, vaccines!). I love EltaMD's UV Aero spray as a body sunscreen because it has zinc oxide protection and guards against UVA and UVB rays. Some people might not like that it goes on white, but I love that feature because I'm able to tell which parts of my body need a little bit more product. It dries clear, though!
This is my newest sunscreen obsession. It glides on so smoothly, and it feels so lightweight. You really don't feel like you're wearing anything. My favorite part is the sunscreen stick. It is compact, so it's easy to stash in a purse for on-the-go use. I brought it to a baseball game recently, and I was so glad that I did when I saw everyone's aerosol sunscreen sprays being taken away.
I normally wear this mineral sunscreen on my face when I know I'm going to be getting a lot of sun, like at the beach, the pool, or an outdoor event.
I recently discovered this gel cream, and upon first application, I knew I was going to be using it all summer long. I'm a sucker for gel formulas, and this one is so soothing and fast absorbing.
I love using this face oil year-round, but I've been relying on it a lot because it smooths my parched skin fast. My skin looks and feels healthier and brighter, and it gives you a nice glow.
Whenever my skin is going through it because of a sunburn, I reach for Neutrogena's cooling hyaluronic acid serum to give it some TLC. I always pack it on beach vacations.
When I was telling senior beauty editor Erin Jahns about my summer skincare woes and how I had to stop using my retinol for a bit because of the sun exposure I've been getting, she suggested I try IS Clinical's Active Serum, so now, it's on my list. She told me that it gives her the same results as retinol but doesn't contain retinol.
Vanicream is a brand I turn to over and over to deal with my sensitive-skin issues. Its products are free of dyes, fragrances, parabens, and other preservatives. The facial cleanser doesn't strip my skin dry, but it does a good job of removing dirt and oil.
I keep this gentle gel cleanser in my summer skincare rotation because it feels so nice on my skin, especially when it's dry and/or irritated from the sun. I like that it has moisturizing and nourishing ingredients like apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, and squalane.
I usually do a mask about two or three times a week, depending on how much my skin needs it. It's great for deeply hydrating the skin and leaving it brighter thanks to vitamin C.
Just this week when I noticed that my skin was dry and peeling a bit and that my moisturizing routine wasn't cutting it, I added this Oil-Serum for extra TLC and saw results pretty quickly. The peeling went away in a few days, and my skin felt softer.
Using a facial mist or spray throughout the day can feel so refreshing for your skin, and it's a nice little break from work (or whatever you're doing). This one is formulated with botanical oils and humectants to leave your skin hydrated and glowy.
Because I'm wearing strappy dresses, tank tops, and shorts during the summer, the skin on my body is also susceptible to dryness and redness from the sun. So I make sure that my skin is super moisturized every day. This one is just so nourishing, and I love that it has some antioxidant protection, too.
My lips can get really dry during this season. I use this overnight lip mask a few times a week to make sure they stay soft and moisturized.
Your lips need SPF protection, too. I like using Sun Bum's tinted balm because I get SPF 15 and some nice color for my lips. I love a multitasking product!
And when my skin feels extra dry, I'll use body oil because it works so quickly. This one from Nécessaire contains five plant oils that are rich in vitamins, omegas, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
This lip oil is great because it sinks in immediately, so you don't have to worry about it rubbing off when you're eating or drinking. Next, This Is the Single Most Important Product If You Want Glistening Summer Skin
I'm a fan of double-cleansing, and I like using this micellar water because it's gentle and refreshing, so I can go about my routine without worrying about my skin's sensitivity. It does such a good job of removing dirt, oil, and makeup without leaving my skin tight and dried up.


from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/34kmPVK

Post a Comment

0 Comments