I'm an NYC Beauty Editor—15 Under-$21 Gems That Actually Impress Me

I've lived in NYC for almost a year and a half now. As you can imagine, living here costs a pretty penny, so I've had to be smart with my spending. Don't get me wrong—I love a designer lipstick, an expensive mascara, or a $400 face mask as much as anyone, but I've learned there are dozens of hidden gems you can get for $20 or less. I challenged myself to narrow it down to the 15 products that have completely surpassed my expectations and whose performance is on par with the more expensive products I have. Keep reading to see them all, including an innovative moisturizer, a Dior lip oil dupe, and my favorite holy-grail mascara.

This new launch will quickly become a staple in your routine. The rich, velvety formula has one-of-a-kind ingredients such as bio-active ceramides and gransil blur to restore skin to plump, dewy perfection. If you don't believe me, look at the before-and-afters.
Over 1000 five-star reviews can't be wrong. This highlighter leaves a beautiful golden finish that's nearly identical to one of my favorite luxury highlighters from Dior. (It's also a tenth of the price.) 
Bubble is one of the best drugstore skincare brands because its products have high-quality ingredients and affordable price points. This brand-new overnight face mask has maple sap, mandelic acid, and buriti oil to completely transform your skin while you get your beauty sleep.
Mineral sunscreen is a must in my morning skincare routine. I love that this one has a super-silky texture with no white cast. Plus, it's only $19.
This creamy blush melts into your skin and imparts the most beautiful, natural flush. It contains kaolin clay, an oil-absorbing ingredient that dries down to a powder finish for long-lasting color.
Yep, you can fake a full eight hours of shut-eye with this best-selling concealer. If you still haven't tried it, I highly suggest you pick it up to see for yourself.
TBH, lip sunscreen is a product I'd normally forget about, but this one has completely changed my mindset. It has SPF 30, a rosy tint, and a yummy vanilla marshmallow flavor. 
If you want to instantly open up your eyes, an eyelash curler is a must. It's the one beauty tool I can't live without.
This is basically a $9 dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Glow Wand. The dewy, champagne shimmer is simply stunning.
If you have sensitive, breakout-prone skin like I do, allow me to introduce you to your new holy-grail daily moisturizer. It has derm-approved, non-comedogenic ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, squalane, and glycerin.
I thought I'd be forever devoted to my favorite $40 lip oil, but this $8 one changed my mind. It's nearly identical to the more luxurious lip oils I've tried—from the sleek tube to the plush doe-foot applicator to the glossy finish.
My life was forever changed when I started lining my waterline with white eyeliner. It makes your eyes pop and gives you this wide-eyed, doll-like look that I just love.
Full, fluttery lashes are just a swipe away with this mascara. In my opinion, it's the best one at the drugstore.
I love a calming, gentle face cleanser that refreshes my skin without disrupting the barrier. This derm-approved option has niacinamide, ceramides, and a creamy, cloud-like texture.
CeraVe has been a go-to brand of mine for years. This micellar water is a crucial step in my daily double-cleanse routine, and it's the only one that doesn't sting my sensitive eyes.


from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/AkOSUjE

Post a Comment

0 Comments